Homemade Eggnog needs Copper like Santa needs Rudolph.
Our Engraved Hammered Copper Eggnog Set includes a solid copper mixing bowl and pure copper mugs for you to prepare the most delicious Holiday eggnog you've ever tasted.
Whipping egg whites in a copper mixing bowl is key for the velvety smooth texture. Copper and eggnog will help bring up the holiday spirit, as well as help send 2020 off into the history books nicely! (See our recipe below).
- Set for 2 includes 2 Collectible 2020 Holiday engraved mugs + 2 quart mixing bowl
- Set for 4 includes 4 Collectible 2020 Holiday engraved mugs + 4 quart mixing bowl
- Set for 8 includes 8 Collectible 2020 Holiday engraved mugs + 6 quart mixing bowl
Pro tip: If you'd like to serve out of the bowl as well, roll a dish towel and wrap it in a donut shape to nest round the bottom copper mixing bowl.
- Our collectible holiday series, a new design every year.
- Our CNC Diamond drag engraving cuts a beveled line deep into the copper for an image that lasts as long as all of our copper does, for generations.
- Our hammer polish beats shine, beauty and durability into every piece.
- Copper is naturally antiviral and antibacterial. 2020 is not...
- Heavy gauge, pure copper from 100% recycled sources
Holiday EggNog from scratch
Ingredients for 6 servings:
- 1 copper mixing bowl for whipping up the egg whites
- 4 - 6 holiday Copper eggnog cups for drinking
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 1 pint whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 ounces Bourbon (floaters can be added later…)
- 1 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
Separate the Eggs into yolks and whites. Test your bourbon. Set the egg whites aside along with a spoonful of the sugar. In a bowl (it can be your copper bowl), beat the yolks until they lighten in color and then gradually beat in the sugar until completely dissolved. Stir in the milk, cream, bourbon and nutmeg. Set this aside. Let it sit for a bit while you test your bourbon again, now with a smidge of nog. We’re building something beautiful here.
Pour the egg whites into your clean copper bowl, beat them into soft peaks. Add the spoonful of sugar and continue to whisk into stiff peaks. Copper and egg whites have a magical relationship, peaking faster, remaining firmer and fluffier when used. Try a dollop of that with a chaser of bourbon, exquisite.
Whisk these beautiful, peaky egg whites into the nog mixture and chill. It’s ok, take a large spoonful of this lusciousness with one last shot of bourbon to preview the symphony in your mouth.
Finally, serve up the fluffiest, most velvety eggnog anyone has ever tasted.
For warm or chilled eggnog. Do not serve hot! You will curdle your nog and heat the cup up too hot to handle!
About our 2021 Holiday Engraving:
Last year Sertodo began a holiday tradition of creating an engraving to share the holiday spirit. Someone very dear to the designer gave the perfect inspiration for this year, the dove: symbol of peace, sent out from the confinements of Noah’s ark and finding hope beyond the visible horizon. This year’s engraving is very special to him as he found the perfect dove in a print given to him from his Mother - Picasso’s “Paloma de Paz”, which hangs in the living room of his house. In its outstretched wings are flowers and again held in it’s beak, while a stem or clutch of grass is grasped in its feet.